Maratinurga Industrial Park
#Maratinurga is a so-called greenfield type of industrial park in early development (11 ha)
Maratinurga is a so-called greenfield type of industrial park in early development (11 ha). It is situated 2 km from the town of Antsla and equal distances (34 km) from Valga, Otepää and Võru. The closest international highway is Tartu–Riia, which is 24 km away and Tallinn–Pihkva highway, which is 25 km away.
- The detailed planning associated with the park is in progress right now and will be implemented in the first half of 2023. The future investor can participate in the planning.
- On the border of the park there are connection points for different utility networks: electricity (output is being specified); water and sewage (in agreement with the investor) and fast internet access.
- The Laatre-Antsla road, renovated in 2020, runs right next to the industrial park. The illuminated Antsla-Kobela road also runs in the same direction.
- Hamery OÜ, one of the largest light industrial companies in the region, operates on the neighbouring property
- 3 km away is the industrial park of Kobela, where the metal company Balticsteelarc and the wood industry company MP Puit operate
- Lindanektar, the only listed company in Southern Estonia, operates in the aforementioned neighborhood
- At a distance of 2.8 km from the industrial park is the largest employer in Antsla municipality (210 employees), Pohjanmaan Kaluste Oy Pohjanmaan, which is part of the Kaluste Oy group and mainly produces upholstered furniture
In addition in 3 km radius there are other energetic companies: Sän&Män OÜ, Haugastransport OÜ, Kagumerk OÜ, OÜ Polüpakend
South-East Estonia is a region with sustainable forestry, agriculture, organic food and tourism direction, where competence in the field has accumulated over the years. Investors with green investment ideas and responsible plans for the development of business services in the region are welcome here.
Investment target groups:
- Wood service sector (design and product development centres, training courses, logistics management etc.) and sustainable forestry. The wood industry has a wood competence centre and an ecosystem
- green economy and bioeconomy (bioenergetics)
- food service sector (development of products, marketing, training courses, cooking, post-processing etc.), including organic production and clean food
- remote work centre network
- recreation sector
- transport and logistics sector (electric car network and caravan network)
Advantages of South-East Estonia industrial area development
Border location – South-East Estonia borders the Republic of Latvia to the south and the Russian Federation to the east and is therefore suitable for cross-border business. International transport corridors pass through the region.
Strong wood and furniture production sector and successful food producers and metal workers – South-East Estonia has tens of mid-sized woodworking and furniture production companies. A considerable part of their produce goes to export and it gives the greater part of the manufacturing industry sales revenue. In total there are more than 6000 manufacturing industry employees in the area.
Qualified workforce preparation and support services – there are 3 different vocational training institutions with circa 2000 students (Võrumaa Vocational Education centre, Vocational Education Centre of Valgamaa, Räpina School of Horticulture). Near Võrumaa Vocational Education centre is located the local woodworking and furniture production competence centre named Tsenter. There are county development centres in all county centres that offer support to both starting and operating companies.
Good natural and living environment and strong regional identity – South-East Estonia’s safe living environment with beautiful nature together with all the necessary primary services makes for a good place for newcomers.
Our unique e-Consulting service is the quickest source of information for businesses wishing to invest in or expand to Estonia.
Need more information?
Doing business in Estonia – how does it work? How to benefit from e-solutions and the peculiarities of our business culture? What are the opportunities in specific sectors? Who are the cooperation partners?
Southeast Estonian county business experts and investor consultants help and support the preparation of investments and finding cooperation partners in the Võru, Valga and Põlva regions. Our team is happy to help you with a free e-consultation service